to access all forum topics

• Page:

TOPIC:

Experience points not showing 24 Mar 2021 17:45 #1407

• Reb
  • Reb's Avatar Topic Author
    QuinLife
hey there,
anyone had the same thing that the XP points are not showing on their own region, not on the HUD nor on the Status HUD display? When I am in my region I get a ~ instead of the number. Same with the quintos, they are not showing in my region, but work perfectly in my hubby's region. Also are we supposed to get experience points while wearing the HUD?
Thanks for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Experience points not showing 28 Mar 2021 13:32 #1408

• Cnayl Rainbow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
Sorry to hear you are having problems.

It sets the value to ~ when starting up then calls the Quintonia server to update it, so it sounds like it's not connecting from your region. 
First thing to try is to click on the HUD and select Account then My XP and see if that shows anything as sometimes that can get it going.

I don't think it should matter but it may be to do with a setting in your OpenSim.ini file for that region. In the [Network] setting is an entry
ExternalHostNameForLSL = which may need setting if it isn't already, maybe check your and your hubby's settings?

[Just in case you haven't seen this]
The HUD should give you XP when worn assuming it's not showing paused and/or showing a red border around it (or just on the left)
There is some information on using it at quintonia.net/information/user-guide/chapter-4-hud and quintonia.net/information/user-guide/chapter-4-hud-2
As you wear it there is an indicator that should slowly fill up and then you get the XP when it is full (the speed of this is controlled by the Eat interval setting)
If you go to quintonia.net/profile/my-xp and click on the Latest activity tab you can see there if it's showing any entries with Farming in the Action column.

Experience points not showing 30 Mar 2021 22:51 #1409

• Reb
    QuinLife
hey there, ty for getting back to me. I have changed the External host name and it still not connecting. it hangs on "Activate" when I am back into my region.
Edit: it just gave me this message: [15:45] SFQ Main-HUD-V5.0: Activating...
[15:52] SFQ Main-HUD-V5.0: Requesting info...

[15:52] SFQ Main-HUD-V5.0: Talking to server...
[15:52] SFQ Main-HUD-V5.0: Offline
[15:52] SFQ Main-HUD-V5.0: Sorry, unable to get data from the server at this time

Last edit: by Reb.

Experience points not showing 31 Mar 2021 16:52 #1410

• Cnayl Rainbow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
A few more suggestions:

In the Beta section of the Mintor store you can pick up the version HUD Version 5.1 Beta (5 December 2020) so try using that to see if that works

If not, you can try editing the config notecard in that version and change the line
# If you are having problems with your HUD making a connection to Quintonia, try changing to HTTPS=0
 USE_HTTPS=0
   to
 USE_HTTPS=1

to see if that helps.

If none of the above work, you could try editing the HUD and open the script hud-main and change line 8 from
 integer DEBUGMODE = FALSE;     // Set this if you want to force startup in debug mode
  to
 integer DEBUGMODE = TRUE;     // Set this if you want to force startup in debug mode
which will give lots of information that may help me figure it out!

​​​​​​​PS - I see on your profile it shows your home grid as OSGrid

Experience points not showing 31 Mar 2021 18:33 #1411

• Reb
    QuinLife
me again...
it worked in the end after I replaced the ini files but only with the 5.0 HUD, which is just great. It seems something was off in the opensim folder. Thank you again for your time!

Experience points not showing 01 Apr 2021 11:28 #1412

• Cnayl Rainbow
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
Great to here you got it working! That said, please could you let me know what error/is happening with the 5.1 beta HUD so I can see what the problem is there as 5.1 is due to be released before too long!

• Page:

donate

hg.osgrid.org:Mintor

hg.osgrid.org:Lugo

hg.osgrid.org:Aluga

hg.osgrid.org:Sandy Island

hg.osgrid.org:Julian Beach

opensim logo

JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com