to access all forum topics

• Page:

TOPIC:

Gt Hub 12 Jun 2022 16:34 #1932

• Social_Mouse
  • Social_Mouse's Avatar Topic Author
    QuinLife
I was wondering if in the GIT hud if you released what's needed or the grid to run the database? since SM is still not able to access the servers, as we are still unable to link to your database.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gt Hub 15 Jun 2022 11:10 #1935

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
The only database connections you need are all to do with running your own grid. This information can be found at the opensimulator.org website. To use things like the HUD that connect to Quintonia.net all you need is to ensure that your servers can resolve the name quintonia.net and can connect via the http port (80)

Gt Hub 20 Jun 2022 16:45 #1938

• Social_Mouse
    QuinLife
We been having this issue for a while, I was asking if you plan on releasing the database component on github so we are able to store things locally and use the backpack apprioately - as with us being unable to connect we can't do anything not even use the exchange... So I was trying to explore the option of SM having it's own database to house our farming stuff so we do not have to keep begging for this to be resolved. it's been almost a year now with no resolve sadly.

Gt Hub 21 Jun 2022 08:55 #1940

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
Ah okay. I don't have any plans to release all the code and configuration etc to allow people to run their own website and server as it is quite a convoluted system (databases, php code, html and Joomla stuff) but I have had a couple of people asking (for instance those that run a closed grid) so may look into ways of making it something that can be set up by others.

As for the issue of not being able to connect, I have seen this a couple of times and it is always to do with the grid servers not being able to correctly resolve quintonia.net Once this is sorted the problem is fixed. Apparently the IP of the Quintonia servers used to belong to someone that did a lot of spamming so some providers have it blocked. To test I would try things like first of all doing a ping quintonia.net from your opensim server to check it finds it okay. If not that could be a DNS configuration issue or a sign it is being blocked by your provider. You could also try a curl quintonia.net again from the console command line to see if that throws up an error.

Gt Hub 23 Jun 2022 23:44 #1942

• Social_Mouse
    QuinLife
I have a dev frm OS who is assisting me with untangling my grid at the moment - he has been looking for you, and have a few questions about the way my grid is set up so he can fix it, and there are some questions I can not answer - His name is Flymann - He is available in discord - please respond to this message with how he can reach u I won't be invovle but he does want to chat.

Gt Hub 25 Jun 2022 10:32 #1943

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
I stopped using Discord a while back due to all the privacy and security issues around it so the easiest way to get in touch is via this website ( quintonia.net/information/contact )

• Page:

Quintonia status

donate

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Mintor

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Lugo

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Aluga

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Sandy Island

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo

JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com