to access all forum topics

TOPIC:

Things stop working? 16 Sep 2022 10:01 #2061

• Chareisa
  • Chareisa's Avatar Topic Author
    QuinLife
A few of us farmers are having the same problems and are hoping you can help.

Storage .. it stops working .. it empties the harvest but the number doesn't go up and there are no particles showing the product coming to the storage container. If we take a product out then put it in it will go in. We thought it might work if we took a product out then put it in again forcing the storage to take more but that doesn't happen.

[02:49] FIELD 1: Found SF Barley, emptying...
[02:49] FIELD 1: Found SF Barley, emptying...

I took a Buckwheat out here and put it back in, then tried to store another two but to no avail ..
[02:50] FIELD 1: Found SF Buckwheat, emptying...
[02:50] FIELD 1: Added buckwheat, level is now 9/5000
[02:50] FIELD 1: Found SF Buckwheat, emptying...
[02:51] FIELD 1: Found SF Buckwheat, emptying...

Is there a known bug that we are experiencing? Is there a fix?

Also some are having problems with Chickens ..
The racks not feeding them
The storage racks not being found on them

It seems to be a storage issue... I have searched the forum to see if anyone else is having the problem and was hoping for a quick fix that we are overlooking as it is becoming very frustrating trying to farm when we watch out harvests expire or lose them when trying to store them.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Things stop working? 16 Sep 2022 10:58 #2062

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
It sounds like the issue is with your actual products (as produced by your fields etc) I have noticed sometimes when I try and sell an item to the exchange that it does what you see and I have always assumed that is down to the item being 'broken' which can happen if the item is old and/or a region restarted and the product got broke. One way to check is to edit the product script in the field and at the start change
integer DEBUGMODE = FALSE;
to
integer DEBUGMODE = TRUE;
That will turn on debug mode for rezzed products and that may then give some information when you try to add to storage.

I'm a little confused as to what FIELD 1 is but assume it's a storage item you made yourself?

For the chickens do you mean the SF Chicken Coop ? If so, check the config notecard and make sure that the food tower is set with the exact same name as the storage system you wish it to use.
FOODTOWER=SF Storage Rack

Things stop working? 16 Sep 2022 21:52 #2063

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
I can confirm that the issue I see with the exchange is because of a 'bad' product. When products are used they pass a 'password' (the entry in the sfp notecard, normally 'farm') and if the product is broken it will instead give just * as the password and so isn't accepted. I will do some further investigation as to how things get broken but it does seem to suggest something is happening on your farm that is breaking the products. Are you using the latest Q3 release of all things?

Things stop working? 18 Sep 2022 11:21 #2064

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
So as far as I can tell, the only way a product gets 'broken' is if the scripts in it get reset. This doesn't normally happen even when a region is restarted though so not sure why you are getting this. Are you using the original Quintonia products or have you made some custom ones? If so may be that things in those are set up quite right?

Things stop working? 25 Sep 2022 21:55 #2081

• Chareisa
  • Chareisa's Avatar Topic Author
    QuinLife
Using the original as well as some other storage units.

Another problem has cropped up though. Fields are going to 99% as if to harvest in a few minutes but then resetting to 0% with no product .... Not sure if this is a sim issue but thought maybe the box I got was broken so tried another and got the same result.

It is very frustrating at the moment as trees, fields, planters are not actually producing a product, just resetting to 0% without giving anything.

Was wondering if this is a setting in the grid/sim and have no clue what to do about it.

Our grid owner has changed a setting to see if it helps but really would love your input as it seems at this stage I cannot get products at all from the plants and trees :(

Things stop working? 26 Sep 2022 06:41 #2082

• Buzzy Cnayl
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Super Users
Sorry to hear you are having all these problems.

In terms of the sim, the settings information can be found at quintonia.net/information/user-guide/chapter-2-start-here

One way to test the crops is to turn off auto harvest, then plant a crop. Next edit the field and in the Description you will see near the start it has the word 'New'
i.e. it will look something like:
T;SF Cotton;New;57600;44;100;Cotton;-2856989;1;en-GB;0

You can then change the word New to Ripe e.g.
T;SF Cotton;Ripe;57600;44;100;Cotton;-2856989;1;en-GB;0

then click on the Content tab and click Reset Scripts. This will force the field to be ripe. Now, standing next to it so you can hear any messages, click and select Harvest and see what happens and if any messages/errors given. Perhaps also have your grid owner look at the opensim console when you do that to see if any errors there.

Last edit: by Buzzy Cnayl.

donate

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Mintor

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Lugo

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Aluga

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Sandy Island

worlds.quintonia.net:8002:Julian Beach

opensim logo

JSN Boot template designed by JoomlaShine.com