Managing virtual partnerships
The virtual worlds currently only allow a monogamous relationship which can be managed as follows:
- To create a partnership, one person logs into the website and goes to their Profile tab in the Manage accounts section.
- Then they click on the Send partner request button
- This will bring up a list of their friends (you can only create a partnership with someone you are already friends with).
- They then click the Send partner request button next to the name of the person they wish to be in partnership with and confirm.
- The user that started the partnership request will now see a Cancel request button that can be used to cancel the request up until the time the other user accepts.
- The user that has been asked to form a partnership will now see the Partnership request button on their Profile tab in the Manage accounts section.
- When they click on that buton they will be offered the choice to accept, think about it or say no to the request.
- If they accept, the partnership will be seen on both peoples profile page (both on the website and in-world).
- Both people will now see the Divorce from partner button should it ever get to that stage!
- If either partner selects that button they will be asked if they really wish to and if they say yes, the partnership will end.
Note: Due to the way things work in the virtual world, it sometimes can take a little while until the in-world profile is updated with the partnership status.